Yoga was originally transferred one on one as a personal and unique experience between a student and teacher. An ideal personalized session depends on uninhibited communication, which develops safety and trust to share your observations /feelings / sensations. Your honest feedback not only helps determine the flow of the sequence but also serves as a reminder to listen to and honor your body's needs.
K-Lea grew up in a Yogic household and as the daughter of a Yoga instructor, has held a long-time interest in health and healing. She graduated in 1986 from Florida State University in psychology and communications then attained her certification as an Advanced Alaya Process Practitioner, (body-centered transpersonal psychotherapy), in 1993. She started studying Iyengar Yoga in 1988, while pregnant with her daughter, and acquired her Junior Intermediate II certification in 2006. K-Lea continues her trainings annually in Yoga therapeutics with Senior Level Iyengar Instructors and maintains a long-time practice of seeing clients privately in Durango, Colorado. K-Lea sees clients in personalized private sessions who face challenges with back care, minor injuries of neck, shoulders, and knees, pregnancy and conception, MS, cancer, obesity, arthritis, Parkinson’s, and more. K-Lea also works with professional athletes recovering from injury or preparing for their event. She is well versed in Yoga Kurunta and woodenware Yoga propping.
K-Lea seeks to inspire all students at any level and also question their practice to be specifically conducive for each person’s individual needs, which a class setting cannot always provide.
Why personalized yoga with K-Lea?
- Are you new to Yoga? Get “class ready” with a few privates so you will feel confident with group classes.
- Do group or flow classes feel too fast to understand the mechanics and alignment of how to perform the poses safely
- Are you busy and finding a class time that fits your schedule is challenging?
- Are you easily distracted in class?
- Do you feel competitive or uncomfortable with group classes
- Have you reached a plateau and needing individual, personalized attention to progress?
- Are you recovering from an injury or illness?
- Do you need help getting started or developing a home practice routine?
- Are you an experienced practitioner gearing up for an advanced workshop and need modifications?
Available in durango
Are you looking for a healthy way for your employees or group to deal with stress and help facilitate a healthy lifestyle? K-Lea will work with you to provide a supportive setting. Why Corporate Yoga?